Reunited, and it feels so good!
Sorry for the cheesy 70’s Peaches and Herb song reference, but I’m pretty excited about regathering as a church family this Sunday!
In case you hadn’t heard, that’s the plan, and it will happen outdoors at 10am at the Milligans’ property located at 9635 Bluff St. on the Banning Bench. We’re taking appropriate precautions according to state guidelines to do so responsibly.
Here are some things you’ll need to know:
- The service will be somewhat family-friendly since we will not provide any planned children’s activities, so children are welcome at parents’ discretion.
- We will be observing social distancing guidelines (6 ft. spacing) in our mingling and seating arrangement except for those from the same household. Please assume that not everybody will want a big hug or other physical greetings unless they say otherwise or overtly extend their arms to you, like that aunt who is all about physical touch (it’s ok to be that person).
- Masks are optional when observing the 6 ft. rule, but recommended either way.
- If you can, bring your own lawn or camp chairs (there will be some admittedly uncomfortable folding chairs available, too).
- We will also provide hand sanitizer conveniently located near the entryway and around the meeting area. Please use it whenever possible and while supplies last.
- There will be an offering receptacle available for your tithes and offerings, as we won’t be passing the offering around.
- There will be handicap parking available closest to the entry gate with other parking options available in front of the property and on the street. Beware if you are parking on the northbound side of the street. The cliff can be treacherous, especially for those active little ones.
- A restroom will be available in the house. No portable toilets! Thanks Milligans!
- Expect a casual, low-tech, yet somewhat sacred environment–it’s still a worship service, after all.
The service will be live-streamed on Zoom for those who have internet service and cannot or choose not to attend the service. If you’re in that situation, we still want you to be able to enjoy the service with us in real-time. Here is the link:
Meeting ID: 848 0560 7383
You’ll be able to enter a waiting room a few minutes before 10:00am. We’ll try to let you in a little early so you can get a good virtual seat.
Annual Church Meeting…
Following the service on June 28th, we will conduct our annual meeting where members will vote on the budget for the upcoming year and on a prospective elder candidate. We will also give some time to celebrate God’s blessing over the past year, talk about future plans, and pray together.
I know the times in which we live cause things to be less than ideal, but let’s make the most of what we are able to do, joining together in the joy, peace, and unity of the Holy Spirit.